[Python-Dev] x86 XP trunk failure

Alan McIntyre alan.mcintyre at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 15:40:57 CEST 2007

On 9/5/07, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
> > My build slave (http://www.python.org/dev/buildbot/trunk/x86%20XP%20trunk)
> > keeps failing because of a crash that appears to be in the bsddb
> > module.  I assume the master deems the slave to be lost because it's
> > sitting there waiting on me to make a choice on the "debug/abort"
> > dialog box.
>
> What branch, and for how long has this dialog been sitting around?

It's the trunk; at the moment the debugger is sitting there with
python_d.exe at a breakpoint.  The current instance of python_d being
debugged is only a day or so old.  I don't know when this problem
started happening, but I think it's been a while (it was happening for
all the visible builds on the dashboard when I first noticed it a day
or two ago).

> For crashes in 3.0, there should not be any such dialogs anymore, but
> there may have been before I turned them off.
>
> > I can provide details if anybody needs them.  I just figured somebody
> > might want to know that this is actual build/test problem instead of
> > some kind of issue with the internet connection here.
>
> Thanks. You can discard any such dialogs - most likely, they really were
> from the 3.0 branch, which is known to crash in bsddb.

Ok.