[Python-Dev] Porting python

Giszo giszo at nyomi.hu
Sun Sep 9 11:17:31 CEST 2007

Hi!

I've tried to port Python (2.3.6 and 2.5.1) to my own OS. The compilation of
the python library is done after a few hours of work. When i try to run the
compiled executable i got an error shown on the following screenshot:
http://giszo.lame.hu/jshot/screens/screen31.png

After a little while of debugging i know that it fails bootstrapping the
exceptions because the initializer function failes to get the "__builtin__"
module. Adding debug printfs to the bltinmodule.c init code it looks like
the builtin module is initialized properly.

I'd like to ask some help where i should start checking the code to fix the
error.

Thanks!