[Python-Dev] Design and direction of the SSL module (was Re: frozenset C API?)

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Tue Sep 11 03:41:02 CEST 2007

By the way, if you're offering to help with this, there are a couple
of things I could use some help with.  I scratched my head a bit about
how to turn the "othername" possibility of a subjectAltName into a
Python data structure, using the OpenSSL C code, and finally gave up.
If you could provide a C function that does that, I'd be very grateful.

And there's a similar issue with the "permanent identifier" defined in
RFC 4043.  I don't see how to iterate over an ASN1 sequence using the
OpenSSL C code -- if you can figure out how to do that and provide a C
function to translate that field in a certificate into a Python data
structure, it would also be a great help.

Bill