[Python-Dev] SSL module backport package ready for more testing

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Thu Sep 20 19:29:30 CEST 2007

I've posted an sdist version of the 'ssl' module for Pythons 2.3.5 to
2.5.x, at http://www.parc.com/janssen/transient/ssl-1.3.tar.gz.  I think
this is 'gold master', but before I upload it to the Cheeseshop, I'd like
to get more testing on a broader variety of platforms.

The intent of this package is to allow code development with older versions
of Python that will continue to work on Python 2.6 and 3.x.

To build,

   python setup.py build

To test,

   python setup.py test

I'd appreciate feedback on testing results; please send to
janssen at parc.com.