[Python-Dev] New lines, carriage returns, and Windows

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Sep 27 00:00:44 CEST 2007

> This works great as long as you stay within an entirely Python world.
> Because Python uses \n for everything internally

I think you misunderstand fairly significantly how this all works
together. Python does not use \n "for everything internally". Python
is well capable of representing \r separately, and does so if you
ask it to.

> So I'm curious: Is there a reason this behavior is useful that I'm
> missing?

I think you are missing how it works in the first place (or else
you failed to communicate to me what precise behavior you find
puzzling).

Regards,
Martin