[Python-Dev] Adding concat function to itertools

Kevin Jacobs <jacobs@bioinformed.com> bioinformed at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 17:50:27 CEST 2007

On 9/22/07, Bruce Frederiksen <dangyogi at gmail.com> wrote:

>  I've added a new function to itertools called 'concat'.  This function is
> much like *chain*, but takes all of the iterables as a single argument.

I've needed this once or twice, though my implementation was called
'starchain', in line with 'starmap'.  I'm not a big fan of either name,
though -- 'chainstar' and 'mapstar' are only marginally better (though it
makes me want to come up with 'saw' and 'chainsaw' functions).  Nor can I
comment on the general applicability of such a function, other than to say
that it was useful in some of my applications that utilize iterators of
iterators of indeterminate length.

-Kevin