[Python-Dev] Annotations support in python

Thomas Wouters thomas at python.org
Thu Apr 3 14:20:48 CEST 2008

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 1:47 PM, Heshan Suriyaarachchi <heshan.suri at gmail.com>
wrote:

>  Hi,
>      I need to work with annotations as it is said in [1]. Currently I am
> using python 2.5.1. I would like to know whether the
> next release of python will support this feature. If the next version
> support this feature I would like to know when are you
> planning to release it. I used the __future__ module but I could not get
> the annotations with it.
>
> [1] -  http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-3107/

The 3xxx PEPs are all about Python 3.0. Python 3.0 is the version that will
support function annotations. Python 2.6 will almost certainly not, and 2.5
will most assuredly not -- features don't get added after the major version
has been released, we only fix bugs.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at python.org>

spread!