[Python-Dev] xmlrpclib and dates before 1900

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Fri Apr 4 06:23:00 CEST 2008

    Guido> Someone else will have to do a thorough code review. Last time we
    Guido> got something off the web it turned out to be awful (the float
    Guido> formatting code -- I'm still reeling from that one).

This isn't some oddball weekend project from an out-of-work programmer.
It's derived from BSD 4.4 and then looks like Tcl absorbed it as their
implementation of strftime.  The version I posted looks like it's part of
Darwin.  Should be fairly well wrung out.  I downloaded it and with a couple
mods I was able to use it as a substitute for strftime() in timemodule.c.
It compiles cleanly and seems to pass all tests.

My thought would be to only use this for Python 3.0.

Skip