[Python-Dev] py3k: print function treats sep=None and end=None in an unintuitive way

Wed Apr 9 05:01:10 CEST 2008

Alessandro Guido wrote:
> Nick Coghlan wrote:
> Eric Smith wrote:
>> Because None means 'use the default value'.  You probably want:
>> print('a', 'b', sep='', end='')
>
> I think this is a "not optimally designed" API
> because you have to read the documentation to understand why

Excuse me, I don't know about you, but I don't mind a language
with a document to consult.  I actually wasn't born understanding
_any_ computer (or for that matter natural) language.

0Scott David Daniels
Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org