[Python-Dev] Compiling Python on a biarch (PPC/PPC64)

Sérgio Durigan Júnior sergiodj at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Apr 10 19:50:46 CEST 2008

Hi Martin,

On Wed, 2008-04-09 at 23:27 +0200, "Martin v. Löwis" wrote:
> > Can anyone give me a hand on this? As far as I could
> > investigate, I must change setup.py in order to get this issue fixed,
> > right?
>
> Wrong. I didn't read your entire message, but this is definitely wrong.
> setup.py isn't invoked until python itself is built, and
> Modules/python.c is part of python itself.

If I understood correctly, you're saying that Python's building process
involves only the C compiler, right? So, in order to fix this issue that
I've found, I only need to modify configure.in file (and maybe
Makefile.pre.in). Is that correct?

Regards,

--
Sérgio Durigan Júnior
Linux on Power Toolchain - Software Engineer