[Python-Dev] Global Python Sprint Weekends: May 10th-11th and June 21st-22nd.

Rodrigo Bernardo Pimentel rbp at isnomore.net
Fri Apr 18 06:11:08 CEST 2008

On Wed, Apr 16 2008 at 02:51:53PM BRT, Trent Nelson <tnelson at onresolve.com> wrote:

>     Following on from the success of previous sprint/bugfix weekends and
>     sprinting efforts at PyCon 2008, I'd like to propose the next two
>     Global Python Sprint Weekends take place on the following dates:
>
>         * May 10th-11th (four days after 2.6a3 and 3.0a5 are released)
>         * June 21st-22nd (~week before 2.6b2 and 3.0b2 are released)
>
>     It seems there are a few of the Python User Groups keen on meeting
>     up in person and sprinting collaboratively, akin to PyCon, which I
>     highly recommend.  I'd like to nominate Saturday across the board
>     as the day for PUGs to meet up in person, with Sunday geared more
>     towards an online collaboration day via IRC, where we can take care
>     of all the little things that got in our way of coding on Saturday
>     (like finalising/preparing/reviewing patches, updating tracker and
>     documentation, writing tests ;-).

The Sao Paulo User Group gathered "in person" to participate on the last bug
day, everyone enjoyed it and we're looking forward to the next one! I've
received strong support for our participation on May 10th/11th so we'll
definetly be there.

        rbp
--
Rodrigo Bernardo Pimentel <rbp at isnomore.net> | GPG: <0x0DB14978>