[Python-Dev] Interface to change Py3kWarning in Python

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Fri Apr 18 14:38:47 CEST 2008

Benjamin Peterson schrieb:
> I currently have a patch to make it possible to change py3k warnings
> in Python through new functions in sys: issue 2458. I realize the
> functions are rather ugly, but I don't think there is another
> practical way to do it unless you want to be writing PySys_GetObject
> and checking it for NULL whenever you add a Py3k warning.

In Python we usually have to methods for the job, like
set_py3kwarningmode and get_py3kwarningmode. I don't like the enable*
and disable* style. Even the get/set methods are an ugly workaround for
the fact, Python doesn't support module properties. :/

How do you like a macro or function PyErr_Warn3k(msg) that does all the
dirty work?

Christian