[Python-Dev] Need help in MAPI

Amaury Forgeot d'Arc amauryfa at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 16:32:42 CEST 2008

Hello,

Antony Joseph wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My Code:
>              mapi.MAPIInitialize(None)
>             session = mapi.MAPILogonEx(0, MAPIProfile, None,
> mapi.MAPI_EXTENDED | mapi.MAPI_USE_DEFAULT)
>
>       I am  trying to send a mail  using the extended MAPI interface, I am
> new  to work with MAPI.
>  I am trying to execute your code,i getting the following exception, and a
> popup message of Either there is no default mail client or the current mail
> client cannot fullfill the messaging request,please run Microsoftoffice
> outlookand set it as the defaukt mail client.
>  I am using thunderbird as my default mail client , then i set my outlook as
> my default mail client.its running fine.
>  can u tell me is there possiblites to run the code with out changing the
> default mail client to Ms Outlook.

First, this mailing list is for the development of the python language,
not for development with python.
Please ask this kind of questions on the comp.lang.python newsgroup.

Then, your problem is not related to python at all. The same call from
any other program would return the same error.
A quick google search gave:
http://www.tech-archive.net/Archive/Development/microsoft.public.win32.programmer.messaging/2007-04/msg00036.html
which describes the same problem (and a solution)

Otherwise you are welcome ;-)

--
Amaury Forgeot d'Arc