[Python-Dev] GSoC Student Introduction

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Apr 23 23:48:33 CEST 2008

> But, what about giving students a branch in the svn and instructing
> them to commit only there ? (Chris mentioned this two emails ago). If
> for some reason svn is not the way to go, then I'm happy in using
> bazaar for commits anyway.

I think it's for the mentor to decide. I see no problems with svn -
it's just that Brett suggested to use bazaar.

> Also, are you (PSF) planning to do this now or just at the "official"
> gsoc start ? And, is there some internal discussion going on to decide
> if students are going to get a branch or something at python
> repositories ?

No, no discussion needed. The students should just send me their SSH
keys, and their preferred form of firstname.lastname (some people
may have names more complex than that), and I'll add them.

Regards,
Martin