[Python-Dev] Python Virtual Machine Architecture

Jon Stritar jstritar at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 22:17:57 CEST 2008

I'm trying to understand the architecture of the core Python interpreter and
virtual machine, but I've been having trouble finding the documentation. It
looks like most of the docs are for either writing Python programs or
extending / writing modules. Is there any documentation (or papers) geared
towards understanding the core? The closest I could find was this,

http://docs.python.org/api/api.html

but that is still geared towards extending it with C modules. I guess I'm
more interested in python's security architecture, but anything about the VM
or interpreter would be great!

Thanks,

--Jon