[Python-Dev] Memory tests in Unicode

Facundo Batista facundobatista at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 15:43:28 CEST 2008

The test_raiseMemError() in test_unicode.py is complicating me the
regression tests: tries to use all the memory in my system, which
starts to swap as crazy, and almost freezes everything. When the test
finishes (always pass ok), I have all the memory flushed so it take a
few seconds to go back to the normal system.

I told myself that this test should run only in some special cases,
but didn't find any flag in regrtest.py (like "largefile", or
"network"), to put this test under.

Are you having also this issue? Do you think that it should run not *always*?

It's ok if I add a flag like "memory" that will hold "Tests that use
large amount of memory. Normally these tests take long to run because
use all your memory and make the system swap"?

Thank you!!

--
. Facundo

PyAr: http://www.python.org/ar/