[Python-Dev] parse_qs and parse_qsl functions

Facundo Batista facundobatista at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 16:04:24 CEST 2008

Hi!

The issue 600362 has two patches (one for 2.6 and the other for 3.0)
that are ready to commit (with a small change in the docs). This
patches relocates the parse_qs and parse_qsl functions into the
urlparse module (urllib.parse in 3k), bringing them from the cgi one.

For backward compatibility, those functions are also accessible from
the cgi module, but in the documentation says that the function was
moved, and you should use it from the urlparse one.

So, we don't have *any* change in the behaviour towards the final user.

Two questions:

- It's ok to do this now or we should wait for 3.1/2.7?

- Should we add a deprecation warning in the cgi module for this functions?

I propose to commit this now, but leave a deprecation warning for the
next release.

Thanks!!

--
. Facundo