[Python-Dev] Unicode 5.1.0

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Fri Aug 22 12:47:01 CEST 2008

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 3:25 AM, Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:

>> So while we could say: "we provide access to the Unicode 5.1.0
>> database", we cannot say: "we support Unicode 5.1.0", simply because
>> we have not reviewed the all the necessary changes and implications.
>
> Mark's response to this was:
>
> """
> I'd suspect that you'll be as conformant to U5.1.0 as you were to U4.1.0 ;-)

is the suggestion to *replace* the 4.1.0 database with a 5.1.0
database, or to add yet another database in that module?

(how's the 3.2/4.1 dual support implemented?  do we have two distinct
datasets, or are the differences encoded in some clever way?  would it
make sense to split the unicodedata module into three separate
modules, one for each major Unicode version?)

</F>