[Python-Dev] current problems that should be fixed before release (2.6)

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Sun Aug 24 14:16:56 CEST 2008

    Neal>   Lib/gzip.py:114: Using property (filename) in classic class GzipFile
    Neal> may not work

Seems shallow.  Just inherit from object.

    Neal>   Lib/sched.py:122: Using property (queue) in classic class scheduler
    Neal> may not work

Ditto.

    Neal>   Lib/tempfile.py:535: Using property (closed) in classic class
    Neal> SpooledTemporaryFile may not work

Ditto.

    Neal>   Lib/multiprocessing/connection.py:378: No global (AuthenticationError) found

This is defined in the __init__ module of the package.  Is it accessible
from connection.py without further import?  (My guess would be no.)  A
slight code rearrangement or adding imports at the point of the raise
statements probably fixes that.

    Neal> I haven't looked into the property complaint to see how bad it is.

I'm testing out the inherit-from-object fixes now.  Will report back later.

Skip