[Python-Dev] Mercurial mirrors

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Tue Aug 26 17:53:27 CEST 2008

Hello,

Thanks to Neil Schemenauer, we now have some Mercurial mirrors hosted at
http://code.python.org/hg/

Here are the URLs for each of the available repositories:
- http://code.python.org/hg/trunk/
- http://code.python.org/hg/branches/py3k/
- http://code.python.org/hg/branches/release2.5-maint/

For Mercurial beginners, each of the URLs above references both a human-readable
Web interface to browse the repositories (view changesets, subscribe to an RSS
feed, annotate source files...), and a machine-queryable address to "clone" the
repositories for local, offline use.

That is, if you run "hg clone http://code.python.org/hg/trunk/", you'll get a
"trunk" subdirectory containing the whole trunk history in a local repository,
as well as a working copy. You can then do, e.g. "hg annotate setup.py" at light
speed.

The Mercurial mirrors are sync'ed with the SVN repo every 5 minutes. They are
read-only, that is you cannot push to them.

(technical note: the mirrors are done using my own "hgsvn", but an alternate
strategy would be to use the builtin "hg convert" instead)

Regards

Antoine.