[Python-Dev] subprocess insufficiently platform-independent?

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Wed Aug 27 19:36:12 CEST 2008

Curt Hagenlocher wrote:

> I've found the documentation for CreateProcess
> (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms682425.aspx) to be pretty
> reliable.  And the mention of a ".com" in the docs suggests that the
> description has been around for a while...

And I just described it as pretty vague ;-)

Reading it again, I realize that I completely missed the part that says:

"If the file name does not contain an extension, .exe is appended.
Therefore, if the file name extension is .com, this parameter must
include the .com extension. If the file name ends in a period (.) with
no extension, or if the file name contains a path, .exe is not appended."

</F>