[Python-Dev] Python for windows.

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Dec 1 23:55:37 CET 2008

> The OEM ready program required that the installed force to program
> files. But as we preinstalled we use your msi with a normal
> parameter: python-2.5.2.msi TARGETDIR=c:\program files\python"

I think the debate was about whether it can be "OEM ready",
even though you still need to pass the TARGETDIR parameter.

If it works for you, it works for me, of course.

> Now about the 2 others issues what will be the easier way to fix them
> properly ? - for the executable without manifest as we are on vista
> OS only I can add a manifest for vista outside the executable it
> should work.

Please do submit an issue in the bug tracker atleast, asking that the
files be renamed. Please confirm explicitly that renaming them would
also solve the problem (assuming you are still talking about the files
in distutils).

> for python_icon.exe I do not know what is calling it
> in start menu can you help me on that ?

Please look in Tools/msi/msi.py for all occurrences of python_icon.exe.

Regards,
Martin