[Python-Dev] Merging mailing lists

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Dec 4 08:36:11 CET 2008

I would like to merge mailing lists, now that the design and first
implementation of Python 3000 is complete. In particular, I would
like to merge the python-3000 mailing list back into python-dev,
and the python-3000-checkins mailing list back into python-checkins.
The rationale is to simplify usage of the lists, and to avoid

To implement this, all subscribers of the 3000 mailing lists would
be added to the trunk mailing lists (avoiding duplicates, of course),
and all automated messages going to python-3000-checkins would then
be directed to the trunk lists. The 3000 mailing lists would change
into read-only mode (i.e. primarily leaving the archives behind).

Any objections?