[Python-Dev] RELEASED Python 3.0 final

Raymond Hettinger python at rcn.com
Fri Dec 5 02:29:31 CET 2008

From: "Paul Moore" <p.f.moore at gmail.com>
> One piece of encouraging news I heard today is that mod_wsgi
> apparently works with 3.0 already - which may well mean that more web
> software than I'd originally anticipated will work sooner rather than
> later.
>
> But it's certainly true that Python (all versions, not just 3.0) is
> more of an ecosystem than just the CPython core. "Batteries included"
> notwithstanding. And it'll take longer for the 3.0 ecosystem to grow
> than the 2.6 one.

Here's a bright idea.  On the 3.0 release page, include a box listing
which major third-party apps have been converted.  Update it
once every couple of weeks.  That way, we're not explicitly
discouraging adoption of 3.0, we're just listing what support is
then currently available (if you need twisted and its not on the list,
then that would be your guide).

Raymond