[Python-Dev] RELEASED Python 3.0 final

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Fri Dec 5 04:59:42 CET 2008

On 02:35 am, amk at amk.ca wrote:
>On Thu, Dec 04, 2008 at 05:29:31PM -0800, Raymond Hettinger wrote:
>>Here's a bright idea.  On the 3.0 release page, include a box listing
>>which major third-party apps have been converted.  Update it
>>once every couple of weeks.  That way, we're not explicitly
>
>That's an excellent idea.  We could have a webpage, or start a
>topic-specific weblog for posting announcements.
>
>I've started a draft of a 3.0 FAQ in the wiki at
><http://wiki.python.org/moin/Python3000/FAQ>.  Once it's finished we
>can move it into the 3.0 release pages.  Everyone please edit and
>improve it!

It occurs to me that this specific idea (the box with the list of
supported applications / libraries) should be implementable as a simple
query against PyPI.  I don't know if it actually is :), but it should
be.  In general it would be nice to know whether one's favorite tools
were available for *any* new Python version.