[Python-Dev] RELEASED Python 3.0 final

Fred Drake fdrake at acm.org
Fri Dec 5 05:15:06 CET 2008

On Dec 4, 2008, at 10:59 PM, glyph at divmod.com wrote:
> It occurs to me that this specific idea (the box with the list of
> supported applications / libraries) should be implementable as a
> simple query against PyPI.  I don't know if it actually is :), but
> it should be.  In general it would be nice to know whether one's
> favorite tools were available for *any* new Python version.

I agree, this would be ideal.  I'm not sure the metadata is there to
support it, though.

Each (version of each) package would need to register metadata
recording which versions of Python it's known to be compatible with
("has been tested with").  I'd love for this to be available, and
would be more proactive about testing software I've been involved in
releasing against more Python versions.

   -Fred

--
Fred Drake   <fdrake at acm.org>