[Python-Dev] __import__ docs follow-up

Georg Brandl g.brandl at gmx.net
Fri Dec 5 19:24:27 CET 2008

Hi,

as a follow-up to the thread a few days ago, and the bug report, I've
rewritten most of the __import__ docs.  I've attached the suggested patch
to the issue <http://bugs.python.org/issue4457>.

I'd be glad for reviews. Also, I'd like to ask about opinions if this
"winning idiom" (as a bug comment states) should be in it, instead of
the getattr() helper function:

>>> import sys
>>> __import__('x.y.z')
>>> mod = sys.modules['x.y.z']