[Python-Dev] Self in method body

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Dec 9 01:18:26 CET 2008

Filip Gruszczyński wrote:
> There is a large discussion on python-list about Guido's article about

That discussion should stay there.

> new self syntax, therefore I would like to use that to raise similar
> question: self in the body.

That has also be heavily discussed, many times, there and here.

> ... Then you just precede attributes with a '.',

Guido has specifically rejected that, more than once, I believe.

 > which is 4 letters less than self.

As has been said *many* times in previous discussions, you can use 1
letter intead of 4 if you really wish, if saving keystrokes is your
highest priority.  But please don't rehash these discussions, at least
not here.

Terry Jan Reedy