[Python-Dev] How to force export of a particular symbol from python.exe?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Dec 14 23:15:41 CET 2008

> It's a little bit messy:  some bits of pymath.c (hypot, and possibly
> copysign) are needed in the core, but only on platforms whose
> math libraries haven't caught up with C99.

It would be possible to only build the module if it defines any
functions; that should be checked in configure.

Alternatively, I believe that autoconf offers a mechanism to
have fallback functions in files named like the function; autoconf
will then build itself a list of all additional source files.
Using that would require to split pymath.c into multiple files.

Regards,
Martin