[Python-Dev] Python 3.0 urllib fails with chunked HTTP responses

Jeremy Hylton jeremy at alum.mit.edu
Mon Dec 15 05:06:51 CET 2008

This bug is pretty serious, because urllib will insert garbage into
the application-visible data for a chunked response.  It simply
ignores the fact that it's reading a chunked response and includes the
chunked header data is payload data.  The original bug was reported in
September, but no one noticed it.  It was reported again recently.

I suspect we'd want to get a 3.0.1 out as soon as this is fixed, but
that's not my call.