[Python-Dev] If I check something in ...

Benjamin Peterson musiccomposition at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 23:39:08 CET 2008

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 4:27 PM, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
> You shouldn't check it in four times. But (IMO) you also shouldn't wait
> for somebody else to merge it (I know some people disagree with that
> recommendation).

I don't completely disagree. Certainly, if you want to make sure your
change is merged correctly into every branches, then please do merge
it yourself. It's also nice if platform-specific merges (ie Windows
build files) are handled by the original committer. However, minor
changes to the documentation or code formatting and even simple bug
fixes are trivial to merge all at once between branches. In the end, I
suppose it doesn't really matter; everyone can do what they are
comfortable with.

--
Regards,
Benjamin