[Python-Dev] Python 3 - Mac Installer?

Barry Scott barry at barrys-emacs.org
Tue Dec 30 22:45:44 CET 2008

On 26 Dec 2008, at 23:30, Benjamin Peterson wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 2:55 AM, Mark Summerfield
> <list at qtrac.plus.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just wondered if/when there'd be a Mac installer for Python 3?
>
> I think there should be one eventually. Unfortunately, the 3.x build
> process is not ironed out. If somebody wants to make a patch which
> makes the build script in Mac/BuildScript/ work, I'd be very happy. :)

Since I've been building 3.0 for a while now I looked at the script.

build-install.py seems to have been half converted to py 3.0.
Going full 3.0 was not hard but then there is the problem of
the imports.

Python 3.0 does not have MacOS or Carbon modules.

Seems that there are two ways to go.

Put back the Carbon and MacOS modules into 3.0.
Use Python 2 to build the python 3 package.

Barry