[Python-Dev] Tracker marks my messages as spam :-)

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Fri Feb 1 19:37:34 CET 2008

Jeffrey Yasskin wrote:
> On Feb 1, 2008 6:43 AM, Nicko van Someren <nicko at nicko.org> wrote:
>> Perhaps it has to do with the low signal to noise ratio of your
>> messages...
>
> That was a little uncalled for. Be polite.

I don't believe it was at all impolite: It was a literal observation of
a relevant phenomenon. Jesus's email that started this thread used 1305
characters to simply say

"This will be my last email today, I don't want to waste (more of) your
*valuable* time."

a message of 89 characters. By anyone's standards that's a low S/N
ratio. Even without the digital signature overhead it is still 89
characters from a total of 648 ... it's quite possible that's why his
messages are being misinterpreted.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119