[Python-Dev] Any tips to tell sprinter at PyCon about developing on Windows?

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Sun Feb 3 23:21:28 CET 2008

Brett Cannon wrote:
> PCbuild/readme.txt says that pressing F6 will also build everything
> fine. Is that true as well?
>
> And what is the best way to just launch an interpreter? Just
> double-click the built executable? I assume sys.path will still be set
> up properly to use the checkout.

Build solution is F7 now. It's often faster to select the pythoncore
project and select build from the right click menu if the developer only
modifies a core file.

You can set up the python project as startup project. F5 launches the
startup project in a debug environment. Double clicking on the exe
works, too. sys.path is set up properly.

Christian