[Python-Dev] Error in PEP3118?

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Tue Feb 12 00:42:17 CET 2008

Lisandro Dalcin wrote:
> Travis, all this make me believe that (perhaps) the 'format'
> specification in the new buffer interface is missing the 'C' or 'F'
> ordering in the case of a countiguos block.

Not strictly necessary, since you can always reverse the
indices when dealing with Fortran if need be.

You would have to do that anyway when accessing the array
from C, so it's probably better to have the description
always match the C ordering.

(Makes things a bit harder for those people writing their
Python extensions in Fortran, of course. :-)

--
Greg