[Python-Dev] svn repo out of disk?

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Tue Feb 12 04:14:42 CET 2008

Douglas Napoleone wrote:
> Not sure if this is effecting the core svn repository or not, but the
> conference software (also hosted at svn.python.org) is reporting that
> the disk is full:
>
> Transmitting file data ....svn: Commit failed (details follow):
> svn: Can't create directory '/data/repos/conference/db/transactions/557-1.txn':
> No space left on device
>
> I have not seen anything on the list about this, but then again, there
> was room at 7pm EST, so I might be the first to notice it.
>
> I fear this could be effecting more than just the pycon software, and
> figured people would want to be forewarned.
>
> (Also if someone could fix the problem somehow I would be ever grateful. ;-)

Doug:

You may not be aware that this issue occurred a couple of days ago, and
Martin von Löwis applied (what appears to be a temporary) fix by
deleting files. Looks like we need to be a little more aggressive with
that policy until the replacement machine (due int he next month or two)
arrives.

Or perhaps we should just add a new disk immediately and relocate some
stuff?

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119