[Python-Dev] Mutable sequence .sort() signature

Raymond Hettinger python at rcn.com
Wed Feb 13 00:23:50 CET 2008

[Kurt]
> Looking at the various py3k docs and mail lists, etc. I just can't
> find the specification and discussion of the signature change
> eliminating the comparison function (so far)!

There is a note Misc/NEWS and I believe the 2-to-3 folks are looking
at a conversion. The Py3.0 docs have the new signature (same as
the old one but it no longer accepts a cmp function and to prevent
accidents keyword arguments are required). I'm not sure where else
to document it.

> Does it come up in -3 warnings?

It doesn't, but it wouldn't be hard to add one.

Raymond
Raymond