[Python-Dev] Use Python 3.0 syntax for except and raise?

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Sun Feb 17 17:57:51 CET 2008

Good evening everybody!

I like to run the 2to3 tool with raise and except fixers over the 2.6
sources. The raise fixer changes "raise Exception, msg" to "raise
Exception(msg)" and the except fixer replaces "except Exception, err" by
"except Exception as err". In my humble opinion the Python stdlib should
give proper examples how write good code.

During the migration period from the 2.x series to 3.x we have two
obvious ways to write code. Let's stick to the new and preferred way.

Oh and please use the new syntax for patches, too. It makes my job with
svnmerge a little bit easier.

Thanks!

Christian