[Python-Dev] Small RFEs and the Bug Tracker

Amaury Forgeot d'Arc amauryfa at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 20:11:16 CET 2008

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven wrote:
> -On [20080218 13:38], Virgil Dupras (hsoft at hardcoded.net) wrote:
> >Personally, I think that a bug tracker is a good place to keep RFE,
> >not a PEP. I think that the PEP would tend to be cluttered with RFE
> >nobody cares about forever. So the clutter can never be cleaned unless
> >someone takes the responsibility to mercilessly remove them.
>
> A bug tracker is a much better way of registering such information. It also
> can be easier referenced in the future since even though when it is closed,
> the debate and other stuff will remain in the tracker's tickets for
> posterity. :)
>
> PEP: -1
> tracker: +1

I agree. Then we can set some status/keyword when the subject of a RFE
is accepted by core developers, saying "if someone proposes a patch,
it has a chance to be reviewed and applied".
It may incite occasional contributors to work on some of these tasks,
confident that their work will not be thrown away in two seconds.

--
Amaury Forgeot d'Arc