[Python-Dev] Small RFEs and the Bug Tracker

Quentin Gallet-Gilles qgallet at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 09:25:19 CET 2008

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 8:40 AM, Christian Heimes <lists at cheimes.de> wrote:

> Martin v. Löwis wrote:
> > What's wrong with the rfe type? Why does it have to be a keyword?
>
> For one it's the name. Personally I didn't know the meaning of RFE until
> I googled it.

I agree, the name is a bit confusing when you're not used to it.
Also I find that, by definition, RFE and feature requests are not exactly
the same. There's a thin line between a new feature and an enhancement that
is supposed to fill a gap/improve things. Should they really be treated the
same way ?

Quentin