[Python-Dev] Small RFEs and the Bug Tracker

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Feb 20 21:36:04 CET 2008

> I agree, the name is a bit confusing when you're not used to it.

Renaming it is easy. To the native speakers reading it: What should
it be called? (please try to come up with something shorter than
"request for enhancement")

> Also I find that, by definition, RFE and feature requests are not
> exactly the same. There's a thin line between a new feature and an
> enhancement that is supposed to fill a gap/improve things. Should they
> really be treated the same way ?

I don't understand the difference. Can you please explain it? Are there
features that are not enhancements (and if so, why would anybody request
them), or are there enhancements which are not features? Are they
entirely disjoint sets of things?

Regards,
Martin