[Python-Dev] Proposed revision of PEP 3 (using the issue tracker)

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 06:57:34 CET 2008

Martin v. Löwis wrote:
> One issue to consider is also politeness. People sometimes complain that
> they feel treated unfair if their report is declared "invalid" - they
> surely believed it was a valid report, at the time they made it.

I agree with Martin for both of these - 'works for me' and 'out of date'
convey additional information to the originator of the bug, even if they
don't make a signifcant difference from a development point of view.

I'd prefer to keep an outright 'invalid' for the cases where the
reporter was either genuinely wrong about the intended behaviour, or
where the bug report itself is manifestly inadequate (e.g. "I tried to
do xyz and it broke" with no further details).

Cheers,
Nick.