[Python-Dev] [Python-3000] Python 2.6 and 3.0

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Mon Feb 25 17:06:12 CET 2008

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven wrote:
> Have you looked at http://wix.sourceforge.net/ ?

WiX looks interesting but I'm neither in the position to change the
installer nor do I have a strong opinion. It's Martin's area of expertise.

On the one hand a XML based MSI generator could be easier to maintain.
On the other hand it would introduce another dependency to a 3rd party
tool and things may get complicated if we leave the road. Automation
tools tend to make common things really easy but special and uncommon
stuff really hard.

Christian