[Python-Dev] [OT] Re: getpass and stdin

Leif Walsh adlaiff6 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 21:32:03 CET 2008

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 2:14 PM, Shaya Potter <spotter at cs.columbia.edu> wrote:
> 1) I am willing to type in the password, which is obvious to anyone who
> can read a simple script.  That just doesn't work for a program you want
> to run in the background to type it in every time.

I recommend you just hack on this getmail program and give it a daemon
mode.  That shouldn't be too large of a task, and it will certainly be
more secure (and you can even commit your changes as a new feature!).
Otherwise, your best bet is probably, as Charles said, making the
passfile work for you (maybe play with nfs and see if you can get it
to hide things...I'm no wizard with it, but I'm willing to bet it's
possible).

> INTERNET DRAMA

Let's just not continue this, shall we?

--