[Python-Dev] Buildbots for trunk are all red

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Thu Feb 28 21:00:54 CET 2008

Fred Drake wrote:
> The BDBStorage is long gone at this point.  Few are so unfortunate as
> to remember it (though a few who may just might be on this list).  :-)

Oh yeah ... ZODB4 and BDBStorage ... a dark chapter starting with high
hopes and ending in tragedy ... Several projects like Zope and
Subversion worked hard on a a Berkeley DB backend but in the end all
projects had the same fate.

A few years ago in Göteborg/SE during lunch Jim explained me the reasons
for the cancellation. As far as I remember the conversation he used some
words I dare not to repeat in public. Some kids may read the Python dev
list. :)

Christian