[Python-Dev] Google Summer of Code 2008

James Tauber jtauber at jtauber.com
Thu Feb 28 21:14:56 CET 2008

The Google Summer of Code is on again and I've been asked to coordinate
the PSF's involvement.

You can find out more about GSoC at http://code.google.com/soc/2008/

There is also a page on the Python wiki:

Although the PSF does act as an umbrella organization for a number of
different projects, we'd like to give as much opportunity as possible
for students to work on core Python development.

At this stage it would be great if you could start thinking about
potential projects and/or whether you would be willing to be a mentor.

Two mailing lists have been set up:

If you are interested in being a mentor, please join both lists.
The mentor list requires approval and the archive is private. The
general list is for anyone interested in the summer of code and all
potential mentors, potential students and interested lurkers should

Let me know if you have any questions.

  James Tauber               http://jtauber.com/
  journeyman of some    http://jtauber.com/blog/