[Python-Dev] Code freeze?

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Thu Feb 28 22:15:04 CET 2008

Barry Warsaw wrote:
> Okay, let's go ahead and make it official.
>
> I plan on cutting the alphas for 2.6 and 3.0 at about 6pm Eastern
> (UTC-5) time or 2300 UTC.  Let's freeze the tree one hour prior to
> that: 2200 UTC Friday 29-Feb-2008.

Linux is looking good. I've fixed some minor Windows issue in the last
30 minutes. I found one strange behavior. Some tests were failing
because iter(fileobj) where fileobj is a tempfile._TemporaryFileWrapper
failed. Apparently iter() doesn't use __getattr__ to acquire the
__iter__ method. Is this behavior deliberately?

Christian