[Python-Dev] Return type of round, floor, and ceil in 2.6

Facundo Batista facundobatista at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 13:30:30 CET 2008

2008/1/3, Raymond Hettinger <python at rcn.com>:

> I think Py2.6 and Py2.5 should be treated with more respect.  Will backporting this change can only cause relief or create
> headaches?.   By definition, the Py3.0 release was supposed to be the one big incompatible set of changes.  Backporting with a goal

Well, as issue 1689 states, the backporting was commited by Jeffrey on
rev 5967 [2], so this is the time to understand if we want this or
not.

Personally, I'm -0.

I was involved in this because of Decimal, but I can grow some
__methods__ in it that can be in the trunk, unused, and when ported to
3k fit ok in the new infrastructure.

Regards,

[1] http://bugs.python.org/issue1689
[2] http://svn.python.org/view?rev=59671&view=rev