[Python-Dev] Contributing to Python

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Thu Jan 3 20:40:24 CET 2008

On Thu, Jan 03, 2008 at 11:15:04AM -0800, Guido van Rossum wrote:
-> We're getting a fair number of doc contributions, especially since the
-> docs were converted from Latex to ReST, and especially since the start
-> of the GHOP project.
->
-> My main gripe is with code contributions to Py3k and 2.6; Py3k is
-> mostly done by a handful of people, and almost nobody is working much
-> on 2.6.

What needs to be done with 2.6?  I'm happy to review patches, although
even were commit access on offer I'm too scatterbrained to do a good job
of it.

Incidentally, I'm planning to set up an SVK repos containing the GHOP
doc patches; that way they can stay sync'ed with 2.6 work.  I'd be happy
to do the same thing with reviewed-and-probably-OK patches, although I
don't know if repository proliferation is a generally good idea ;).

--titus