[Python-Dev] Contributing to Python

Fred Drake fdrake at acm.org
Thu Jan 3 20:49:27 CET 2008

On Jan 3, 2008, at 2:15 PM, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> My main gripe is with code contributions to Py3k and 2.6; Py3k is
> mostly done by a handful of people, and almost nobody is working much
> on 2.6.

For those of us still using Python 2.4 and earlier, it's hard to be
motivated to worry about Python 3.0, no matter how wonderful it
looks.  (It doesn't help that my own available time appears to
decrease daily with the kids and all.)

Python 2.6 seems to be entirely targeted at people who really want to
be on Python 3, but have code that will need to be ported.  I
certainly don't view it as interesting in it's own right.

   -Fred

--
Fred Drake   <fdrake at acm.org>